The Cardiff Hoteliers’ Association was established as the leading industry voice in the hospitality sector in Cardiff. The Association was formed in 1990 and is made up of circa 30 members from key hotels in Cardiff.
- The Cardiff Hoteliers Association represents a group of circa 30 hotel businesses
- Employ circa 4,500 people in Cardiff in a wide variety of roles with differing skills
- Turnover an estimated £100 million per annum
- Welcome an estimated 36.3 million visitors to the capital. These visitors in total spend an estimated £2 billion in retail, leisure, food, entertainment and service sectors
- The economic bulletin states that tourism related businesses are expected to contribute £70m of the total £151m collected in business rates.
The Cardiff Commitment:
With the support of Cardiff Hoteliers Association in partnership with Cardiff Convention Bureau and the Millennium Stadium, the Cardiff Commitment was established and has proved to be a great tool to win business to the city.
The Cardiff Commitment is an agreement whereby up to 20% of the hotel bedroom inventory is made available at reasonable rates to attract fans/ delegates to the city and to showcase that Cardiff is an accessible city . The Commitment is a city wide partnership with the majority of hoteliers working together for the greater good of the city. These bedrooms will be made available to delegates & fans via the Cardiff Convention Bureau on-line booking service (GroupMAX ME) and will be available to book up to 14 days before your event
For some events Cardiff Convention Bureau may be able to assist in generating subvention to help event organisers by working with the city venues and Cardiff Hoteliers’ Association on enhanced commissions and contra deals.Cardiff Hoteliers Association Factsheet
Members of the Cardiff Hoteliers Association
Cardiff CF10 3HH