What are you looking for?
Meet in Cardiff Delegate Experiences
1. FOOD & DRINK
Hensol Castle, a Grade 1 listed building dating from the 17th Century and located 15 minutes from Cardiff, has a distillery, visitor experience and gin school in the castle basement. Delegates can enjoy a tour and a talk on history of gin and a tasting. There is also the option of a hands-on gin making experience; distil and label your own unique bottle of gin. Hensol Castle has a range of spaces for up to 300 delegates for meetings and up to 240 for dining.
WELSH CUISINE & CULTURE TRAIL
An interactive day out with Welsh food and drink suitable for groups 20-60 delegates.
- Talk on Welsh food, food heritage and current trends followed by tastings.
- Welsh Cuisine & Culture Quest – a food hunt
- Lunch of Welsh tapas
FARM SAFARI, COOKING SESSION AND VINEYARD TOUR
- Travel to the beautiful Heritage Coast outside Cardiff for a tractor tour at Slade Farm Organics followed by afternoon tea in the lovely farmhouse garden.
- A cooking session can be run alongside the tractor tour at Slade Farm organics. Group members can compete to make the best Welsh cakes or Glamorgan sausages!
- The area has a number of high quality vineyards which can be incorporated in an itinerary.
By increasing the number of activities more delegates can also be accommodated and split into groups.
WELSH BANQUETS AT CARDIFF CASTLE
Information to follow.
- Several bars offer cocktail making classes. The Alchemist offers a 60/90 minute class for up to 12 delegates.
- Barista classes offer delegates a history of coffee, the journey from bean to cup, the workings of the coffee machine.
- Cocktail, ale and gin master classes are available for pre-booked groups at the Botanist.
- Or Cardiff Gin Club, a rustic pop up gin bar.
CITY OF ARCADES
Cardiff is famous for its wonderful Victorian and Edwardian arcades featuring independent businesses such as cafes, bars and shops.
Small independent brewers are appearing in our cities and Cardiff is no exception. Book into one of Cardiff’s micro breweries or take a Cardiff Craft Beer Tour. Examples of breweries include Crafty Devil, Pipes Crafty Beer Canton, Tiny Rebel’s Tap House and St Canna’s Ale House.
URBAN FORAGING IN ONE OF BRITAIN’S LARGEST INNER CITY GREEN SPACES
Explore Bute Park in the city centre and learn about the park’s plant, flower and mushroom species during this foraging course.
Sian Roberts from Loving Welsh Food and Cardiff Tasting Tour runs classes featuring Welsh recipes including the famous Welsh cakes. Alternative classes: Cornerhouse Cookery Whitchurch, One Mile Bakery run by a former rugby player now a baker. Fwrness, the award winning Welsh pizza company who have a stall in Cardiff Market, also have a pop up pizza van and offer pizza making demos.
NEW GREEN FOOD TOUR
Run by Loving Welsh Food, this coach/ walking food tour visits a variety of venues in and around Cardiff that actively promote sustainability by providing eco-shopping possibilities and using local food as much as possible. The tours are available for groups of up to 15 people and are available in English, Welsh, French, Spanish, Italian and German.